Apprentice Store Retail Assistant - Blacks - Chichester
Company: JD Group - Blacks - Chichester
Location: Chichester, PO19 1EH
Salary: £196.60 per week
Sector: Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Application Deadline Date: 21/06/2023
Start Date: 27/06/2023
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 30 hours per week - Shifts to be confirmed
Blacks is a long-established retailer of specialist outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment. Trading online and from 57 stores, Blacks primarily stock more technical products from premium brands such as Berghaus and The North Face helping Outdoor participants, from weekend family users to more avid explorers, reach their goals, no matter how high.
• GCSE in Maths and English is preferable
• Adaptable individual who can think outside the box.
• Show resiliency and have the tenacity to bounce back.
• Show a willingness to learn and go the extra mile.
• Good communication skills
• Confident and outgoing
• Effective selling skills
Potential opportunities to continue a career with Blacks
Qube Learning are a National Training Provider who will support you throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship, lasting a total of 15 months. As a Store Colleague, you will undertake a Retail Level 2 apprenticeship.
You will be assigned a designated skills tutor, who will support you every step of the way throughout your apprenticeship. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company and kick start your career.
This Apprenticeship is paid at National Minimum wage, Under 18's £4.62ph, 18-20 £6.56ph, 21-22 £8.36, 23ph+ £8.91ph
Being part of the team you will be responsible for ensuring our customers receive the best possible service each time they visit your store. You will assist in maximising store profitability by exceeding your sales targets and utilising the in-store devices, while contributing to a successful store team.
• Greet all customers in a warm, genuine and friendly manner.
• Ensure that customers receive the best possible service every time that they enter the store.
• Understand the process of the Customer Service measuring programme.
• Drive sales, ensuring that targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded.
• Utilise the in-store devices, offering the customer the whole product range.
• Provide alternatives and add on sales at every opportunity.
• Assist in the maintenance of standards on the shop floor and for all displays and merchandise.
• Keep stock, clean and presentable at all times.
• Replenish stock levels when needed, making sure the full size range is on the shop floor where possible.
• To deputise for other staff, work within departments, or carry out other duties as required.
• Represent the company in the most professional manner at all times.
• Conduct your work in a safe and responsible manner.