Apprentice Retail Pharmacy Assistant - Welfare Pharmacy - Cambridge
Company: Welfare Healthcare Partnership Ltd
Location: Cambridge, CB2 9FN
Salary: £260.00 per week
Sector: Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Application Deadline Date: 31/08/2022
Start Date: 30/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: 40 hours across Monday to Friday 8.30am - 6.00pm, Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm.
To work as part of a pharmacy team under the supervision of the registered pharmacist, to ensure an accurate, timely, high quality dispensary / counter service is provided to our customers in a caring, friendly and professional manner.
Maths & English GCSE grades C/4 or above
Discretion and empathy.
Good communication skills
Good customer service
Able to read and carry out instructions
Able to work under pressure. Manual dexterity.
A pharmacy dispenser job offer if candidate is deemed competent towards the end of the training.
You will complete the following:
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4 - 6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
• Read, ensure understanding and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Dispense medication in a timely manner, as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is accurately labelled to ensure medicines are correctly and safely supplied.
• Dispense Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS) / blister packs and complete the associated documentation as per the associated SOPs where required.
• Ensure the highest standards of professional service and care to our patients by offering informed advice on appropriate treatment of minor ailments and products and referring to the pharmacist when necessary.
• Fulfil your role as a pharmacy apprentice in all NHS or private pharmacy services provided by your pharmacy.
• Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork accurately and on time.
• Ensure that locum pharmacists are briefed in company SOPs.
• Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively, and ensure a high degree of professionalism.
• Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the Data Protection Act (to be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018).
• Complete audits as requested by the company in a timely manner.
• Ensure that customers receive excellent service.
• Use the till system to serve customers and be able to complete sales transactions.
• Able to respond to over the counter medicine request and respond to symptoms to recommend the best over the counter medicine, or refer and signpost appropriately.
• Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local surgeries, nursing homes, other healthcare professionals and local bodies.
• Ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image.
• Ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines.
• Ensure the floor is kept clean and free from hazards, e.g. boxes/totes.
• Follow all company Health & Safety procedures and policies and complete any associated training.
• Ensure high standards of pharmacy stock management, reduce stock holding and ensure maximum profitability.
• Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care.
• Ensure the date checking procedure is maintained and recorded.
The above list is not exhaustive. You may be required to perform other duties, those deemed reasonable by your Manager.