Pharmacy Retail Apprenticeship - Riverview Health Centre Pharmacy - Hendon
Company: Riverview Health Centre Pharmacy
Location: Sunderland, SR1 2HJ
Salary: £172.50 per week
Sector: Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Application Deadline Date: 30/05/2022
Start Date: 23/06/2022
Positions Available: 2
Working Week: Monday to Friday 9-5:00 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
To work as part of a pharmacy team under the supervision of the registered Pharmacist and to ensure an accurate, timely, high quality dispensary / counter service is provided to our customers in a caring, friendly, and professional manner.
Flexible but must be able to read and write English and must be able to do basic addition and subtraction.
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Willingness to learn
Ability to work under a certain amount of pressure
Good Customer Service
Good communication skills
The ability to read and carry out instructions
The ability to pay attention to detail
Work in a team
Open to learning new models of care
It is hoped that the successful candidate will complete their apprenticeship successfully, remain with us and grow their career within the company.
You will complete the following:
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4-6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
Your role includes:
Pharmacy Counter Assistant: serving on the front counter of the pharmacy, sales, cash handling, taking prescriptions, ordering, cleaning & household duties and general retailing.
Dispensing Assistant: as above and working under the close supervision of the pharmacist to keep the dispensary clean, stocked up, assist with the ordering, using pharmacy computer to label and dispense prescriptions.
You'll work with the pharmacist to help with dispensing, ordering, stock keeping and assist the pharmacist to deliver NHS and private health services.
Other duties include:
- taking in and handing out prescriptions
- dispensing prescriptions
- using computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- helping to maintain stock levels
- ordering items for use within a department
- receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- delivering pharmaceuticals and other goods to sites within a pharmacy department, and wards/departments/clinical areas
- selling over the counter medicines
- answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines,
- responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients and customers
- bringing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- assisting with the manufacture of medicines
- ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
- handing out medications to customers
- ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image
- ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines
- complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork