Job Title : Apprentice Retail Pharmacy Assistant - Prescriptions4u - Nottingham
Employer : prescriptions4u
Employer Description : we are a new business, a online pharmacy
Location : Nottingham, ng8 6qp
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Retailer level 2 (Pharmacy)
Sector : Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00571
Brief Description : To work as part of a pharmacy team under the supervision of the registered Pharmacist and to ensure an accurate, timely, high quality dispensary / counter service is provided to our customers in a caring, friendly, and professional manner. You will be working towards completing a level 2 in retail plus additional qualifications for dispensing.
Qualifications Required : GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : You will complete the following:
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) – Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4 – 6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
Your duties will be:
• Read, ensure understanding and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Dispense medication in a timely manner, as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is accurately labelled to ensure medicines are correctly and safely supplied.
• Dispense Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS) / blister packs and complete the associated documentation as per the associated SOPs where required.
• Ensure the highest standards of professional service and care to our patients by offering informed advice on appropriate treatment of minor ailments and products and referring to the pharmacist when necessary.
• Fulfil your role as a pharmacy apprentice in all NHS or private pharmacy services provided by your pharmacy.
• Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork accurately and on time.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the Data Protection Act (to be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018).
• Ensure that customers receive excellent service.
• Use the till system to serve customers and be able to complete sales transactions.
• Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local surgeries, nursing homes, other healthcare professionals and local bodies.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday, hours split over the week
Salary : £ 129.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 24/12/2021
Possible Start Date : 24/01/2022
Personal Qualities : Should have a good attitude to work and willingness to learn.
Skills Required : You must perform well in your work capacity and will be required to perform some manual labour.
Future Prospects : Once the contract is finished, we would offer a permanent role if suitable.
Training to be Provided : Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
The map below shows the employer's location