Job Title : Apprentice Retail Pharmacy Assistant - S K Roy Pharmacy - Southampton
Employer : S K Roy Pharmacy
Employer Description : As a leading European network of independent pharmacies, Alphega Pharmacy prides itself on the role it plays in your local community. Our friendly, professional Pharmacy team takes the time to understand your health and wellbeing needs before offering solutions or advice. And we’ll always explain things in a simple and helpful way.
Location : Southampton, SO14 0BG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Retailer level 2 (Pharmacy)
Sector : Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00529
Brief Description : To work as part of a pharmacy team under the supervision of the registered pharmacist, to ensure an accurate, timely, high quality dispensary / counter service is provided to our customers in a caring, friendly and professional manner.
Qualifications Required : Maths & English GCSE grades C/4 or above
Vacancy Detail : Hourly rate can vary between £6.00 - £7.00 dependant on candidate.
You will complete the following:
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4 - 6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
• Read, ensure understanding and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Dispense medication in a timely manner, as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is accurately labelled to ensure medicines are correctly and safely supplied.
• Dispense Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS) / blister packs and complete the associated documentation as per the associated SOPs where required.
• Ensure the highest standards of professional service and care to our patients by offering informed advice on appropriate treatment of minor ailments and products and referring to the pharmacist when necessary.
• Fulfil your role as a pharmacy apprentice in all NHS or private pharmacy services provided by your pharmacy.
• Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork accurately and on time.
• Ensure that locum pharmacists are briefed in company SOPs.
• Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively, and ensure a high degree of professionalism.
• Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the Data Protection Act (to be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018).
• Complete audits as requested by the company in a timely manner.
• Ensure that customers receive excellent service.
• Use the till system to serve customers and be able to complete sales transactions.
• Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local surgeries, nursing homes, other healthcare professionals and local bodies.
• Ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image.
• Ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines.
• Ensure the floor is kept clean and free from hazards, e.g. boxes/totes.
• Follow all company Health & Safety procedures and policies and complete any associated training.
• Ensure high standards of pharmacy stock management, reduce stock holding and ensure maximum profitability.
• Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care.
• Ensure the date checking procedure is maintained and recorded.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday 11am - 630pm (flexibility to work Saturday with a day off in the week)
Salary : £ 210.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 21/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 07/03/2022
Personal Qualities : Genuine passion to help people
Be a team player and highly self-motivated
The ability to communicate and build strong relationships with patients and your team
Skills Required : Ability to advise patients with confidence, speed and accuracy whilst remaining customer focused
Great customer skills, understanding their needs and tailoring your support appropriately
Good IT skills
Future Prospects : Great career progression
Training to be Provided : Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
The map below shows the employer's location