Job Title : Apprentice Store Retail Assistant- Go Outdoors- Taunton
Employer : Go Outdoors (JD) - Taunton
Employer Description : GO Outdoors is the “one stop shop” for the whole family for everything Outdoors and can service your needs whether you are planning a camping holiday in the Lakes, a bike ride in the hills or a fishing trip with friends. GO focuses on innovation and value, and ranges in-demand, exclusive brands such as Hi-Gear, Rab, North Ridge and Freedom Trail, across unique product categories.
Location : Taunton, TA1 2BB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Retailer level 2
Sector : Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00181
Brief Description : We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Store Colleague Apprentice!
Go Outdoors are working closely with Qube Learning to source and recruit the perfect Apprentice to fit in to an already successful and established team.
You will be part of the only UK Outdoor Retailer to offer good, better, and the best products around.
Qualifications Required : • GCSE in Maths and English is preferable
Vacancy Detail : Qube Learning are a national Training Provider who will support you throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship, lasting a total of 15 months. As a Store Colleague, you will undertake a Retail Level 2 apprenticeship.
You will be assigned a designated skills tutor, who will support you every step of the way throughout your apprenticeship. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company and kick start your career.
This Apprenticeship is paid at National Minimum wage, Under 18's £4.62ph, 18-20 £6.56ph, 21-22 £8.36, 23ph+ £8.91ph
To provide an excellent customer experience by offering expert advice and knowledge to help the Outdoors consumer make the best choices that fulfil their needs. Take pride in and maintain excellent store standards and demonstrate GO’s mission and values.
We are the largest outdoors retailer in the UK, we are incredibly thrifty and offer excellent value to our customers. We look for Store Colleagues who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, thrive working in a team environment and can approach and advise customers accordingly based on their needs.
• Create an environment where customers are made to feel welcome and are given an excellent shopping experience by providing brilliant product knowledge and advice to fulfil all customer needs.
• Taking pride in the store’s appearance and ensuring store standards are always maintained.
• Maintain and replenish stock levels to maximise stock availability for customers.
• Create inspiring displays that showcases our products and potential outdoors experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Exceed customer expectations by using GO’s customer service model ABC at all times.
• Make customers feel welcome by acknowledging them when they enter the store.
• Observe customer buying signals offer assistance at the right time to ensure you are offer help when it matters most.
• Ask customers what was wrong with a product if it is returned and offer replacements or alternatives to ensure the customers’ needs are met.
• Show a genuine interest in the customers’ needs to identify and recommend the right products to fulfil the customer’s needs.
• Create excitement around the products and the possibilities they offer to help the customer visualise the potential opportunities.
• Offer alternative solutions to customers when a product they wanted are unavailable, so the customers’ needs are still fulfilled.
• Help customers to make the decision to buy the products that are right for their needs.
• Resolve any concerns a customer may have to remove any doubts about the products they are buying.
• Serve customers promptly.
• Replenish and maintain stock levels to ensure a high availability.
• Take personal ownership development by keeping up to date with product knowledge.
• Support all departments to maintain a high level of customer service.
• Take pride in maintaining store and department standards inside and out by create inspiring displays to showcase our products.
• Present yourself in an approachable, friendly professional manner that makes customer feel at ease.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week
Salary : National Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date : 05/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 16/03/2022
Personal Qualities : Knowledge & Experience
• Relevant experience of retail or similar service focused role
• Ability to demonstrate you have worked in a team effectively.
• Experience of working in a high performing team.
• Knowledge of outdoor products is an advantage but not essential.
• Experience of effectively prioritising workload to achieve goals and objectives.
• A passion for customer service and a proven record of delivering excellence in this area.
• Ability to not only deliver standards but to step back & challenge the accepted way of doing things to improve the customer experience.
• Ability to demonstrate that you have a hands-on approach.
• You can show you are capable of approaching customers confidently and provide recommendations.
• Be accountable, responsible, and committed to the role.
• A positive role model who champions GO’s values.
• Adaptable individual who can think outside the box.
• Show resiliency and have the tenacity to bounce back.
• Show a willingness to learn and go the extra mile.
Skills Required : Skills
• Clear, confident communicator with excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills.
• Excellent team worker
• Time Management
• Attentive and keen eye for detail
• Excellent problem solver
• Basic IT skills would be preferred.
• Ability to read customer cues.
Future Prospects : To become a permanent member of the Go Outdoors team and continue your development within the company.
Training to be Provided : Retailer level 2 qualification including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
The map below shows the employer's location